Staying motivated requires a lot of effort and constant reminders. But sometimes, life can be such a drag and our dreams/goals/visions seem so out of reach. We start to doubt that what we want is even really attainable.
I’ve got news for you – IT IS.
To keep from burning out, follow these 5 simple tips for staying motivated when you just don’t have the drive:
1. Remember Why – Whenever you find yourself feeling like you’ve had enough, dig deep to try and remember why you wanted to reach this goal in the first place.
First, ask yourself what motivates you; what’s important to you? Is it your family, your health, your peace, your dreams, your job?
Second, what are you ultimately trying to achieve? Follow it up with a why.
Do you want a different lifestyle for yourself or your family? Why? Are you trying to exercise because you want to lose the weight? Why do you want to lose the weight? Are you trying to go plant-based or eat better? Is it for life-longevity or to beat the odds of your genetic predisposition? What is your ultimate goal?
2. Imagine Your Life – What is your life like right now? Could you live like this forever? Why or why not? Imagine your life after you’ve reached your goal – What are you doing? Where are you living? How are you living? Use your imagination and allow it to motivate you.
3. Revisit the Plan – Did you even have a plan? If not, skip to #4.
If you did, take another glance at it. What is required of you to get where you want to be? How do you get there? Are you making any moves? If not, how can you start?
Remember – anything worth having takes time to achieve. This is NOT a sprint; it’s a MARATHON.
Stay consistent and keep the goal in mind.
4. Draw It Out – Here’s where the fun comes in. Make a vision board full of anything and everything that motivates you – pictures, inspirational quotes, drawings, magazine clippings, etc.
Set a date on the calendar for each milestone you’d like to reach that takes you one step closer to your goal.
Lastly, reward yourself for your hard work. Plan what you’ll do for each milestone achieved! #TreatYoself
5. Say It Outloud – How often do we flood our thoughts with negativity and dread? Thoughts like, I’m such an idiot or Ugh, maybe this isn’t for me or I’m never going to get there – it’s too hard/too far/too unrealistic keep us stuck in our feelings.
But feelings are temporary. If you can pull yourself out of your feelings for a bit, you’ll see that it’s it’s not impossible. How do you do this? Talk yourself out of it. I’m serious…I’m giving you permission to talk to yourself and start saying Yes to your dreams.
Open your mouth and SAY THE WORDS:
God, himself, spoke the earth into motion. He had the perfect idea in mind when he thought of it, but in order for it to be, he spoke. In the same way, God gave us the power to speak life into every situation.
What are you speaking into your life? Perhaps it’s time to start changing your pep-talk to something a little more motivational.
Share or save the image below as a reminder to stay the course!
If you need extra help reaching those goals or if you need help trying to find something you’re passionate about, download your free Passion Planner today!
Once you get these down, start setting goals with my FREE Weekly Goals worksheet. Set ONE goal a day that will help you get that much closer to your dreams (it can be to do the same thing daily until you reach your first milestone). Don’t be busy – get busy, doing the right things.
What are your favorite ways to stay motivated? Share them with me in the comments!